'Laung' means cloves and Laung Lata is a clove infused Bihari dessert made with flour, oil, milk and stuffed with a divine filling of khoya, cardamom and sugar, fried and then dipped in a sugar syrup.
- For the outer covering:
- 4-5 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Oil
- To knead Water
- For the stuffing:
- 300 gram Khoya
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2-3 tsp Cardamom powder
- Handful Chironji seeds, roasted
- For the sugar syrup:
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Whole cloves
- Prepare the stuffing:
- 1.In a wok/ kadhai add the khoya and keep stirring it on medium-low heat till its completely cooked out. This takes about 20-25 minutes. Take it off the heat and let it cool.
- 2.Add cardamom powder, chironji seeds, sugar. Mix it well. The stuffing is ready.
- To make the outer covering:
- 1.Knead the dough with oil and water till soft and elastic.
- 2.Make flat round rotis with this dough.
- 3.Stuff it with about 1- 1/2 Tbsp stuffing.
- 4.Fold it from two sides. Bring the other to sides together, making a loop and seal it with a clove.
- 5.Deep fry them on medium heat, till golden. Drain them and let them cool.
- 6.Once cool, immerse them in the sugar syrup.
- 7.Serve warm.
- Prepare the sugar syrup:
- 1.Boil together the water and sugar till the sugar completely dissolves.