Kadhi is a popular North Indian dish, made with besan and dahi as main ingredients along with various spices and pakodas dipped in it. In India, each state and region have their own version of Kadhi, this recipe is a special one from Maharashtra.
Ingredients Of Maharashtrian Kadhi
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 6-7 Garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 2 Green chillies
- Prepare Dahi mixture:
- 1 Cup Plain Dahi
- 1/2 Cup Besan
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Methi
- 2 Red chillies
- 10 Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- Prepare Dahi-Besan mixture:
- 1.Take dahi in a bowl and beat it heavily to have smooth batter.
- 2.Add besan, turmeric and salt to the bowl of dahi
- 3.Beat all of together and add some water. Mix well again to form a smooth mixture.
- 4.Now, in a heavy bottomed pan put methi, red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- 5.Saute them a little and add blended ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- 6.Now add the dahi-besan mixture to the pan.
- 7.Mix them well and bring to simmer.
- 8.Serve the Maharashtrian kadhi hot along with cooked rice.