Believed to have originated in the kitchens of the Nizam of Hyderabad, Hyderabad Biryani is a blend of Mughlai and Iranian cuisine where rice, meat and spices are cooked in dum style.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Biryani
1 Kg meat
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp red chilli paste
1 tbsp green chilli paste (sauteed brown onions to taste)
1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
3-4 Cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp cumin seeds
A pinch of mace
to taste mint leaves
2 tbsp lemon juice
250 gms curd
4 tbsp clarified butter
750 gms semi cooked rice
1 tsp saffron
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1. Clean the meat. Now in a pan add meat, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, green chilli paste, sauteed brown onions, cardamom powder, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves, mace, mint leaves and lemon juice.
2. Mix all of these ingredients thoroughly together.
3. Add curd, clarified butter, semi cooked rice, saffron, water and oil. Mix it well.
4. Now apply sticky dough on the sides of the pan.
5. Cover with lid to seal it and cook for about 25 minutes.
6. Hyderabadi Biryani is ready to eat. Garnish it with boiled eggs, sliced carrots, cucumbers and serve hot.
Credits - ndtv.com