- 1/2 coconut grated
- 2 green chillies
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups of water
- Little salt
- 5-6 kokum soaked in water for 10 minutes
- Chopped mint leaves and/or coriander leaves for garnishing
- Put all the items mentioned in the mixer and grind to a smooth paste.
- Strain it to get the coconut milk.
- Squeeze the kokum in the water and strain it.
- Add little by little to the coconut milk.
- Kokum is sour and is used instead of tamarind in many recipes. Hence check the sourness of the kadhi and add according to your taste.
- Garnish with chopped pudina (mint leaves) or coriander leaves. Serve chilled or at normal room temperature as per your wish.