- 4 tbsp oil or ghee
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seads
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger puree
- 1/2 tsp fresh chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 150g creamed tomatoes
- 100ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp tamarind paste
- 300ml thick coconut milk or cream
- Split the curry leaves and mustard seeds in half (you will use half now and half later)
- In a wok or sauce pan heat 3 tbsp of oil or ghee until hot.
- Add the curry leaves, mustard seeds and fenugreek seed and the fresh ginger and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and continue to fry on a medium heat for around 5 minutes. Fry until golden.