Paal Payasam is a South Indian dessert, a version of Kheer, made on various festivals and celebratory occasions like Onam. A simple, fuss-free recipe with richness of nuts and goodness of milk.
- 50 gms rice
- 1 litre milk
- 5 gram cardamom powder
- 100 gms sugar
- 50 ml ghee (clarified butter)
- 50 gms cashew nuts
- 25 gms raisins
- 1.Wash and soak the rice for 1/2 an hour.
- 2.Cook the rice in milk until soft.
- 3.Add cardamom powder, sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 4.Heat ghee in a pan and add the cashew nuts.
- 5.When the cashew nuts are slightly golden, add the raisins and saute for a minute.
- 6.Pour on the rice mixture and serve warm.